This job is no longer available
At A Glance
With over 30 years’ experience, TUI Ski is the UK’s biggest ski and summer lakes and mountains tour operator. Comprising of Crystal Ski, Crystal Summer, Thomas Ski, Thomson Lakes & Mountains, Flexi Ski and International Mountain Hotels.
Using our expertise, energy and passion, we make it our mission to create the perfect holiday experience. We know our destinations inside and out, so our team can inspire, excite and help our customers find just the kind of holiday they want, choosing from a huge range of local departure airports, resorts and accommodation.
What You'll Be Doing
This role will be responsible for managing our customer and prospect databases, carrying out data analysis, modelling and reporting, to enhance the efficiency of our targeting and contact strategy, building campaign lists as required.
1. Database Management
• Responsibility for managing all TUI Ski customer databases – email, brochure requests, competition entrants, partnerships data, bookers and CSQs
• Define and maintain ongoing business rules for data acquisition and contact management
• Work with teams across TUI Ski to implement best practice in regard to data acquisition and management
• Work with the Acquisition & Retention Marketing managers to enhance capture and depth of prospect and customer data (via web site, third parties, travel agent & group bookings)
• Manage goneaways and suppression updates in line with best practice
• Ensure match rates for duplicate customer / prospect data are robust to maximise single customer view
• Be key TUI Ski contact with Celerity (database hosts)
• Ensure TUI ski adhere to Data Protection standards and legislation
2. Marketing Campaign Reporting
• Report on TUI direct marketing campaigns with responder profiling to ensure future campaigns target the most responsive and most valuable customers
• Make sure we are targeting the right customers with the right propositions and optimise the ROI
• Optimise analysis techniques and work processes to facilitate regular campaign analysis
• Run monthly / seasonal reports and provide results presentations on a regular basis
• Provide meaningful and insightful analysis throughout the business
• Take a proactive approach to pushing customer insights out to the business
3. Bespoke Customer Analysis Projects to drive Marketing Contact Strategy
• Database behavioural analysis – working with web analytics team to understand timeline and path to first booking, lead time to departure, and interaction levels with our communications
• Develop predictive modelling and segmentation using demographics, behaviour or profiling tools, as well as using external sources such as Acorn, Personix
• Prospect source analysis – what are the most effective sources in terms of conversion, value and repeat business – including web sign ups, competitions, brochure requests, partnerships data and booking data
• Recency frequency and value – understanding the most important customers and modelling to predict future opportunities
• Produce reports and ad-hoc requests for insight to help drive Product strategy and deliver Partnership funding for campaigns.
• Build relationships with key areas of the business and external suppliers in order to deliver all of the above.
• Be a proactive member of the Marketing team, using Data insight to help the Marketing team drive an effective and robust contact and communications strategy
What We're Looking For
• We are looking for a data analyst, with several years experience in a similar commercial environment, working across multiple brands
• Previous knowledge of relational database systems – such as FastStats or similar
• Strong Excel knowledge
• Experience creating database reports and creating meaningful presentations
• Good understanding of data protection legislation
• Degree in Maths or Computing
• Previous experience within the travel industry would be beneficial
• Previous experience working with Email campaign management systems
• Experience building predictive models
• Self motivated, team player, able to work under pressure, excellent communication skills and an eye for detail