This job is no longer available
Glendale, the green services division of Parkwood Holdings plc, consists of four trading activities; Glendale Grounds Management, Glendale Countryside, Glendale Horticulture, Glendale Golf and Glendale Recycling. The business is organised in four regions each with a Regional Director. Glendale currently operates 65 contract sites, mainly in England, and employs approximately 1,500 staff.
Since 1989, Glendale has had a long and successful history in providing grounds maintenance services to local authorities and other private sector customers. Glendale is proud of its reputation as a high quality service provider and, in addition to grounds maintenance, delivers a wide range of green services including countryside and estate management, landscaping, tree services and arboriculture. Glendale also provides retail leisure through Glendale Golf, and sells plants and compost products.
The Glendale brand is a strong one and the majority of the company’s £45 million revenues are generated from the grounds management and countryside activities that operate term contracts with public sector clients. In a world that places increasing importance on green issues, Glendale faces the future with unprecedented opportunities to help the UK design and deliver green solutions. Glendale has always been forward looking and has re-launched itself as a company that is “a deeper green”.
In 2011, Glendale was awarded the British Association of Landscape Industries Employer of the Year Award. The award recognises Glendale’s “exemplary commitment to training, development and personal fulfilment of employees and the creation of a working environment that consistently produces business and landscaping excellence”.
The Sales and Marketing Manager will work closely with the Regional Director North, who is a Divisional Board Director, developing the customer base and providing industry expertise and knowledge.
The role will also be responsible for providing market analysis and to be aware of current and future trends.
The Manager has one direct report and liaises closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, based in the South East. The Marketing department consists of these three posts, however, significant interaction with the operations, business development and activity heads is a key requirement. The purpose of the job is to market the four activities of Glendale to existing and new clients, whilst driving a sales culture in the activities that are sales driven.
The Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing leads and sales to support the growth of Glendale Managed Services. The key responsbilities will be:
- To develop Glendale’s brand in the market and to communicate the brand values to the target markets
- To review the brand equity and to determine the brand strategy for the activities in conjunction with the Directors and the Heads of the activities.
- To develop a sales process and to deliver training for the sales process to all relevant sales staff and staff working in contact points that mean the staff can engage customers to sell.
- To take responsibility for sales activities within Glendale
- To promote a close working relationship across all business development activities.
- To increase sales across all areas to specified targets
- To communicate regularly with the Strategic Development Director and provide regular programme of activity
- To develop further business opportunities for Glendale
- Provide market analysis that will include research into business opportunities for Glendale
- Work with colleagues to assist in the development of national, new and existing clients and operationally to be responsible for sales to new customers to a sales targeted value specified annually
- Develop and produce promotional and publication material. Assist in promoting these to the industry and Company website
- Produce and updating of a marketing plan
- Identify, pursue and track leads
- Ensure that all correspondence and administration is kept up-to-date and recorded
- Ensure good client relationships with all of Glendale’s customers
- To set objectives and targets for sales teams within the business units and to monitor
- To take responsibility for marketing within Glendale
- Identify and approach potential new clients and convert potential enquiries from clients to sales
- Develop existing marketing activities to ensure awareness of the company amongst all target groups
- Develop relationships with existing clients and maximise revenue potential
A relevant Degree or equivalent is essential together with an appropriate professional qualifications would be advantageous. The role will involve preparing reports covering the sales and marketing performance of the division to be presented at Executive and Divisional Board level and potentially to be used at Group Board level. Candidates are expected to show evidence of competence in this area.
Evidence of Expertise
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have been substantially involved in providing the Marketing input that enabled an existing organisation to realise marketing and sale opportunities and increase profits.
The selction process will consider evidence of candidates’ achievements and this evidence of competences will be criteria in the selection and assessment process. Candidates are encouraged to briefly highlight appropriate evidence in a covering letter.
Among the personal characteristics sought will be:
- Credibility, which will gain acceptance from potential customers, clients, and the teams involved within the company.
- Flexibility in style and thinking including the ability to think laterally
- A high energy level
- An open, friendly and approachable personality.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Commercially astute
- A clear understanding of objectives, and the ability to present these in a clear concise manner.
- Good planning and co-ordinating skills.
The ability to manage and think practically, to resolve complex issues and co-ordinate solutions in operational environments.
To apply for this role, please click on the Apply Now button.