This job is no longer available
Reporting to the Commercial & Membership Director, the Marketing Manager will manage EHB’s brand and will deliver marketing campaigns to drive uptake of its products and services. The key focus will be growing ticket sales at major events, increasing the numbers of people playing informal hockey (Back to Hockey and Rush Hockey) and growing EHB’s retail operation.
The Marketing Manager will be required to meet and exceed agreed revenue as well as net profit targets; develop creative, integrated marketing campaigns that capture imaginations and increase EHB brand awareness.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the England and GB Hockey brand strategy in order to maximize growth potential and return on investment.
- Embed and police the new corporate identity and generate a culture that makes decisions based EHB’s brand values. Work with the HR Manager to imbed the brand personality which employees should demonstrate.
- Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns by understanding commercial objectives, target outcomes, target timeframe and budgets across the following EHB products and services –
o Tickets and corporate hospitality packages
o Rush Hockey
o Back to Hockey
o Quicksticks and In2Hockey
o Other products and programmes as required
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure marketing campaigns our supported through EHB core channels.
- Analyse methods and media to reach target market and effectiveness of marketing messages and campaigns with target customers.
- Manage EHB’s design and print requirement to help execute above marketing campaigns.
- Manage and market EHB’s online and at event retail operation to grow sales.
- Manage EHB research activity to gain customer insight from which to base future plans.
Variations of job relating to Major Matches and Events
- Attendance at all major match and event days.
- General assistance with any aspects of event management as required.
The Marketing Manager will be required to undertake ad hoc assignments from time to time at the request of the Commercial and Membership Director.
England Hockey prides itself in employing highly-motivated, enthusiastic people. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving is consistently displayed. An inspiration to your colleagues, you’ll have passion and a commitment to getting things done while always placing the client at the centre of everything you do. You must be able to embrace and demonstrate England Hockey values -
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a marketing environment ideally in a rights-holder environment,
- Educated to Graduate level or can demonstrate intellectual capability in terms of numeracy and literacy
- A proven track record of successfully achieving financial targets and managing marketing budgets
- Evidence of creative thinking and an innovative approach to meeting marketing challenges, with a creative approach to business development
- Good understanding of CRM, the principles of market segmentation and targeted direct marketing
- A track record of successfully leading and managing a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to influence, build and maintain effective relationships, both with clients and colleagues
- Clear and accurate written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Motivated and results orientated with the drive to achieve targets
- An ambitious attitude to career development
- Positive, outgoing personality, persistent and resilient
- A broad understanding of the business of sport, and hockey would be useful
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation. All staff will be expected to work at our major events.
To Apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.