This job is no longer available
Role Title: Marketing Support Manager
Salary range: Up to £50,000 plus bonus
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Ricardo-AEA is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
NCEC is the Ricardo-AEA brand in the chemical risk business and has built up a reputation as the world's leading chemical emergency response centre. This is based on the outstanding knowledge base and technical expertise of our Emergency Response team. Our aim is to develop a truly integrated product, service and consultancy offering with an unrivalled breadth and quality of service that meets all of our clients' chemical compliance needs. Ricardo-AEA is now seeking a Marketing Support Manager with expert knowledge of relationship and transactional marketing who can support our marketing across all areas of the business but in particular take responsibility for leading the marketing of our NCEC business.
The successful candidate will work closely with Ricardo-AEA's Head of Communications & Engagement and with Practice Directors and business managers to ensure the smooth delivery of marketing and communications projects both for key Practice areas and for the company overall. In particular, the successful candidate will play a leadership role in NCEC's marketing activities making sure that these reflect and respond to market trends and opportunities, and enable NCEC's profile and revenues to continue growing in this exciting and challenging market in the future.
* Working with the Head of Communications & Engagement, ensure the smooth management and delivery of marketing and communications services to Ricardo-AEA in areas such as web support, collateral, events, design, brand development etc.
* Have direct personal involvement in the delivery of marketing services (30% deployment target).
* Ensure that Communications & Engagement support is aligned with the needs of Ricardo-AEA and its Practice areas, where necessary planning and prioritising so that marketing/communications projects are delivered to time, budget and quality. Personal involvement in the writing of content for digital and printed materials will be important.
* Engage with external customers to support colleagues as required.
* Serve as a "first-line" point of contact for the Communications & Engagement team with the rest of the business, so that the C&E team provides immediate response to communications needs as they arise.
* Manage the marketing of NCEC to its clients, customers and markets so as to improve awareness and revenue levels for NCEC.
* Lead, manage and increase the lead generation activity of NCEC.
* Focus in particular on digital media engagement of NCEC clients and potential clients.
* Take responsibility for NCEC's programme of international conferences and events.
* Use strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure, good time management and total focus on the customer (internal and external) to build and develop internal customer relationships at all times.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills
* The ability to create highly effective marketing communications through a variety of media to help market Ricardo-AEA's services, in particular NCEC services.
* Experience in providing marketing services to target a wide range of international clients / sectors (incorporating both public and commercial sector clients)
* The ability to lead, influence and manage people effectively and/ or delegate work to others
* Proven ability to improve lead generation and positively impact on brand and reputation
* High level of commercial awareness and ability to deliver value to Ricardo-AEA, in particular NCEC and its customers
* Proven writing skills for digital and print media
* Proven social media skills for client engagement, lead capture and to drive sales
* High level of project management capability, proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects from start to finish
To be successful you will have experience in one or more of the following areas
* An experienced marketing manager with a professional qualification (e.g. BSc/BA in marketing or related area, or MBA) or equivalent experience.
* Evidence of leading strategic and operational application of transactional and relationship marketing techniques.
* Experience in services marketing, especially in relation to marketing technical product/ service "solutions" to business and industry, including to international clients.
Experience of optimising and managing web and digital platforms to support business growth.
* Experience of budget management
* Experience of quickly understanding a new technical area, gathering and managing input from a range of internal stakeholders
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo-AEA. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo-AEA strives to be an equal opportunities employer